Saturday, October 25, 2008

Not Halloween

My mom used to play this game with us when we were younger and we had to pick our Hero of the day and say why they were our hero. I've been thinking of this game a lot lately, but I'm not sure why. Anyways, today I thought I would share who my Hero was for the day. Actually, I had two. The first one is Tara - she finished my cleaning checks for me. She said if I tried to mop the floor, she would steel my crutch. Mopping is quite the task for me, so I was so very grateful that she helped me finish. My other Hero is Shu - she called this morning to ask if I needed any help with my cleaning checks!! How nice! I truly have wonderful friends. Oh man, I have another Hero, I just remembered. Jen (roommate Jen) is my other hero because she is so brave!!

Last night was "Not Halloween", or in other words it was a day to celebrate the holiday, but not on the actual holiday. We did this last year a couple of times with some of our guy apts and we loved it. So we decided to carry on the tradition this year. We had quite the full apartment, but it was really fun to carve pumpkins.

Tara and I were partners for part of the night and we had some creativity blocks. We decided to do what we always do "heartcha". Nate and Shu came (which was wonderful) and our current roommates came as well. It was really fun and we had a great time. Adam stopped by for a little bit as well. Then Jen and Derrick showed up with baby Zach. Then our roommates had some of their friends come. There ended up being about 12 or 13 people here. It was a great night.






2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, I play the hero game in my head too! Oh, Tara and Shu are so sweet. I'm glad you have lots of help. And I'm glad that you are happy I'm brave. hahaa. oh and of course i love the pumpkin.

Kellie said...

What fun! You do have way AWESOME friends. Helping anyone with their cleaning checks is so, so nice. Especially in your circumstance! I'm sorry that I didn't get to talk to you the other day. By the way, I thought that was HILARIOUS! I even slipped and totally biffed it on my way out of bed to run down the hall and get the phone! I'm so glad you were thinking of me and making an effort to call. when are you available so we can try again...maybe not so early this time :) Love ya!