Thursday, October 16, 2008

Google Earth

This week for IP&T we did a lot of touring around google earth. I loved it! One of the searches I did was for Tornadoes, especially in Indiana, which is where I am from. I Think this is a great tool to use during a lesson plan, especially about weather and tornadoes. I also liekd it because it gives some background on my own personal history, about where I grew up.
This is the tour I took.
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/placemarks/cl-11-14-05-637566122.kmz
This would be great to show students about different areas of the country and what kind of weather they have. Not every state has tornadoes, for example. I think kids would find this really interesting. I found it fun to see which areas of Indiana had more tonadoes, especially when it showed my hometown as one of the major tornadoe areas.

2 comments:

Jen said...

wow! i hate tornadoes. well i've never been in one. but the thought of it scares me!

Melissa said...

google earth sounds like an adventure! thanks for talking to us tonight, it was sooooo good to see you! Here is the link to our blog... hehe. heartcha!