Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thoughts on our choices

This week for IP&T, we were asked to read articles that talked about the different aspects of media and internet. For my fourth article, I chose to read the article entitle, "Leave it Alone" by H. Burke Peterson. I learned a lot from this article. IT is so important for us to work towards our goal of becoming like God. We need to get rid of those things that are holding us back. Even though it may be hard, it will strengthen us spiritually. I hope that as a teacher and a parent I can be an example for my children. I thought about some of the TV shows that I watch and I asked myself if I would be comfortable watching those with my children. My answer was sometimes yes, sometimes no. I realized that I would like this to be a definite answer. If I can do this, then I can be an example to more than just my kids one day. The readings we read were all very supportive and positive towards making changes in our lives that will lead us on the correct path. I want to incorporate these and try to be better.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are going to be such a cute mom and teacher! :) Lucky kids.

Melissa said...

I can agree with Jen. Because you are great. heartcha!