Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 was a great year!!

Wow - 2008 has come to a close. It seems as if it has come incredibly quickly. There was so much about this year that I loved and enjoyed. I thought I would say one of my most favorite activities from each month of the year.
January: Beginning of 2008. I started my major of Elementary Education!! AND... loved it. This was my most favorite semester. Jen and I had no class Fridays and we had a great class load. I made new years resolutions that I somewhat kept... half and half... which inspires me to do better this next year.

February: I met my dad and Tom in Arizona for the weekend. We had a great weekend together. My dad and Tom went to a Law Conference. I got to go to school with Jen and see her classroom. The best part was being all together.




March: Man of La Mancha!! I got to come home and see my brother perform in his school musical! He did such a great job.

April: My last month with my wonderful roommates... well all of us together. Tara, Shu, Laura, and Jen. You guys are so wonderful and wee had some good times together. I miss you all a lot.



May: Moving in with my sister, Jen! I absolutely loved everything about living with my sister. She is truly an amazing person. We get along so well, probably becuase we are so similar... "Are those dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?" Together with an English Accent: "Dirty". I can't wait until I can live near her again.

June: In June, my parents and younger siblings came out to visit us in Arizona. We all decided to go tubing down the salt river. It was CRAZY hot, but so wonderful.

July: Going home to Indiana with my whole family. While we were all home, we made a our own slip and slide. It started at the top of the driveway and went down our front yard. We had a great time!


August: I spent my last few weeks living with my sister in Arizona. Again, we have the best time when we are together.


September: Moving back in with Tara!! I sure missed her all through the summer. Another great part of September was going out with Russell. I had a great time with him.




October: Knee surgery!! Even though this was a rough month, I am sure it will be worth it when I can run and have a good knee again. It has been almost seven years since I have had knee problems. It will be nice when I am completely healed.



November: Being able to spend a month in first grade. I loved first grade and all of my students. It was a great opportunity and I learned so much that will help me in my teaching career.


December: Not Christmas, end of finals, coming home, talking to Jen over webcam, talking to Tara on the phone, spending Christmas with my entire family, etc. December was such a wonderful month.
What a great year!! I hope next year is even better!

1 comment:

Jen said...

GREAT POST!!! i miss you a lot. hopefully a summary of 2009 will include something like May- I moved back in with Jen. :) The slip n slide looks so fun! and your laugh is cute in it!