Saturday, September 20, 2008

Two weeks left

I just found out that I am having reconstructive knee surgery on October 2nd, which is a little less than two weeks away. It's a pretty intense surgery, complete with a few days in the hospital and three months on crutches! It's not my first choice, but right now, it's the right thing for me. SO... My roommate (aka fairygodmother) has decided that she will make all my wishes (or most of the wishes I can do on two good legs) come true. We are going to do all the things I want to do and can do with two working legs that I will not be able to do for quite a long time. Last night we went to the park and we played night games, bases to be specific. It was a great game and tara got to know a few people a little better than she did before. Today we are going for a bike ride, next week we are going country swing dancing and play some ultimate. It should be a pretty sweet two weeks.

School is going well so far. I am able to stay on top of most things and I'm not really procrastinating, which is a good quality. I am also enjoying most of my classes, which is also really good. Roommates are wonderful - we are all getting along really well. I don't know what I would do without them!! They make like a lot easier and a lot happier, especially when we have unexpected trials pop up! (especially roommates who are living in other countries). We are going on our first roommate date this weekend - World of Dance Concert - should be exciting. Dating in general, well that's about as wonderful as it always has been... hahaha. I still plan on eating at Olive Garden in April and have Tara paying for it!!!

Overall, life is going well. We are enjoying the time of two good legs, before we are down one leg and up two (crutches)

3 comments:

Tara said...

haha I'm so glad you had a great two days! Anything for my Em Dawg! You've helped me through so much, so I'm glad I've been able to give back just a little bit. :) I heartcha bad! Oh and YOU are paying for Olive Garden. Bring it. Next time we play bases, let's make sure that I don't get to know anyone as well as I did last night, okay? hahahaha HEARTCHAAAAAA!!! XOXO

Jen said...

Very nice update on your life! I liked it! Also, what is this about tara getting to know someone better??? I didn't hear that part! haha, tara your fairy godmother. perfect. you guys are great.

Kellie said...

Knee Surgery?! I'm so sorry....and excited for you? I know your knee has bothered you for so long, so hopefully this will help solve all those problems. I'm glad your roommates are taking such good care of you! I wish I were closer to do something for you too. Keep me posted on the date this weekend! Love and miss ya!